School is Over!!!!



Yeah and can I just say YEAH school is over. I am thrilled to announce that the kids both graduated from their grades (Yes Sam actually made it through kindergarten.) This is it the best part of the year.... Summer. No longer are we restrained by four different pick up and drop off times. Packing lunches at ungodly times in the morning. Making sure that everyone has a pair of shoes if not on their feet at least in the car. Making sure that everyone is in the car while making sure that the dog is not in the car. Gone is my fear every time my phone would ring during school hours. I get a few months break from having my stomach doing flips every time the school did call. And above all I get my kids. I get to plan fun summer events, enjoy them, listen to them and more than anything they get to drive me crazy 24/7 for about a hundred days or so. Call me dog-happy (I will explain another time) but it is good.
I was trying to get the kids excited about it being their last day of school and on our drive home I was saying, "Leah this was it. This was your last day of being a second grader for the rest of your life. And Sam you are never again going to be a kindergarten kid, never ever again."
Sam responded with, "well what if I was born again then I would do kindergarten again."
Mom- "How are you going to be born again?"
Sam- After some thought he came back with "At church"

He is such a smart asssssstronaut. I did not know he had even heard that saying. And yes this is part of the reason that we gave his teacher a home made bag with his hand prints all over and a written announcement that she had survived Sam year 2009 along with a congratulation card of her survival and appreciation of all that she has done this last year of school.

Mom- Emma are you a frog?
Emma- No mom its ok its Emma, not a frog.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations to Leah and Sam!
such cute pictures!
yah for summer and getting to seen you all soon!
Susannah said…
i want some turtle goggles!!!
Orange said…
That's the biggest smile I have ever seen on Ranev's face...
Anonymous said…
You are such a good mother.
Muna