My little Curly Q









I love her hair when we are near the ocean. Her ringlets just bounce up and make me laugh.

So since we have been home we have been getting into the mindset of summer. Some of the last weeks highlights have been....

Emma climbing into my bed in the morning sweetly saying, "wake up, time to wake up mommy" then she gently pushes the hair out of my face and exclaims "oh there you are, good morning mommy"

It was homework time and I told Leah to go write in her journal.
Leah - "But I have nothing to write about"
Mom- "Just write about what we did today.
Leah - "All I did today was get yelled at"

After I had been cleaning for most of the morning Sam came in and I thought out loud how nice that ice cream sunday is going to be.
"Boy I have been working hard and I definitely deserve an ice cream after all that work and it is going to be so good"
Sam- You did not say anything about ice cream!!!!
Lets just say that my kids were working like I have never seen them work before. They were sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, doing laundry, they were even arguing over what they get to clean because Leah would be damned if Sam cleaned more than her. At one point I just sat down on the couch and put my feet up just laughing at them and how a silly little ice cream can cause such motivation.

Yep summer is here and so far so good.

Comments