Lost


I get the privilege of seeing a lot of wildlife right in my own back yard but when I gazed out this morning there was a very lost duck standing in the midst of all the weeds. According to Leah all the ducks had gone on a field trip and that crazy duck had gotten lost on the way.
So naturally seeing this beautiful duck standing bewildered amongst the weeds and far from water it got me to thinking about all the numerous times that I am lost. Finding myself in the midst of weeds while I should naturally be in the middle of a lake.
For Mother's Day I got lost in the absolute joy of going away for the weekend. Lost for hours by the ocean without once having a heart attack that one of my children was going to drown or fall and hit their head on a rock. I got lost in the best Latte that I have ever had until my friend pointed out that the lack of children, the sunshine, and the ocean before us might have a small influence on the taste of the latte.
This last week I have been lost in sorrow. Finding it hard to care if the kids are listening to me or not.
These last few days I have been lost in the consequences of not meaning what I have been saying and saying what I haven't meant. Sam is the first to take advantage of an absent minded parent and he takes the longest to get it through his thick skull that the parent is back in the driver seat.
I get lost in sewing, creating to the point where it consumes my day and I mentally have to force myself to vacuum the living room before I can sew the next blocks together, make dinner before I can hand stitch the binding, go pee before I set a really bad example to the kids and pee my pants.
I get lost in cleaning and then I get really mad when I turn around to find that you can not even tell that I cleaned...... one day, one day I will clean something and it will remain clean.... that is my dream.
I get lost in my kids. Laughing as they play hide and seek, turning into robots, spending hours catching bugs only to seal them in a glass jar and leave it in the sun. I get lost in who they each are and their interests, delights, and dismays that come with their age.
Currently I am lost in trying to finish this blog before Emma interrupts me again.
So if I have not blogged for a little while just picture as a duck standing in the midsts of some weeds. Yep I am probably lost somewhere.




Comments

Anonymous said…
lol....I get lost in homework now but love it!
A break from children :)
So glad you found a hobby you really enjoy! You are so talented!
Hey if getting lost helps you maintain sanity then its not all bad :)
Your mothers day sounded heavenly.
and that latte is looking good.
Beautiful pictures!
and tell Sam his auntie says not to take advantage of his mommy when she is lost :)
love you guys
Orange said…
I thought for sure that you were going to mention what Sam FOUND (therefore not lost) and shared with his friends...