Dreaming....

The other night I had a glorious dream that it was the end of the week and I was waiting in my car, in front of the school, for Sam to get out. Well instead of Sam his teacher came out with both her thumbs up and a smile on her face. "I just had to tell you that Sam has been so good this week. He has been an excellent listener and such a big helper."
Then I woke up.... I woke up feeling so proud and happy that finally Sam has gotten his act together at school, then the realization of the fact that it was just a dream brought me back down to reality. This is obliviously how much I long for Sam to be good at school..... It is haunting my dreams.
So on the way to school that morning I told Sam about my dream and asked him if he is going to make my dream come true. I found myself smiling at the thought of my mischievous 6 year old boy empowered to make my dream come true.
His answer after a gleeful grin was, "if I make your dream come true will you make my dream come true."
"OK" was my quick reply then after a moment of thought I quickly followed with, "What is your dream?"
" To go to outer space"

After some thought I thought it seemed like a probable trade off and so far he has proven me right, yet with only one more week left of school I would love for him to prove me wrong and to space we shall go.

Comments