Where is the 12 step pragram for children?

Before I get into my blogging about my life I want to let everyone know that Ryan is doing better today *huge sigh* I spoke to Darren this morning and he said that Ryan was extremely dehydrated and now that he has fluids in his system he is more alert, staying awake, moving around and eating. So Yeah!!!! Keep up the prayers he still needs to keep getting stronger but it looks like he will probably get to go home on Monday.

Alright so where is the 12 step program for children that have behavior disease?
Yesterday was one of my worser days for a few reasons 1)I was worried sick about Ryan all day 2)I was/am sick 3)Leah's teacher called me to come and get her 4)Sam's teacher informed me that Sam is not taking school serious 5) Sam threw a big fit at school, when picking Leah back up from school, to the point that at one point I started to drive away from him only to watch him in my review mirror chase after me and then stand in the middle of the parking lot crying in the rain. 6) Sam continued to be a ship once we got back home cause he did not want to lose privileges for his behavior 7) I felt like ship and was tied in knots worried over Ryan. So yeah it was by far a crappy day and I am glad that there is a 7pm to every crappy day cause that means that there is an end (if only for the 8-10 hours the kids sleep.)
So this morning I called a family meeting, which usually means that I am close to cracking and when I crack it never includes laughter. So prior to our morning meeting I spent most of the night thinking of ways to never repeat yesterday, and since I have yet not been able to have God's ability to make people fall face down in front of me in awe, fear, and respect, it has led me in search of a book or program or movie about a 12 step program for children with behavior disease. They already have two sponsors that never volunteered for the position but are fully committed non-the-less. Stable living environment and positive role models..... I just need the 12 steps!!
So what I have come up with is placing a square in the garage with painters tape and that is now Sam's screaming square. He can scream only in that square and if caught screaming outside of it he gets a spank (yes his screaming is that bad.) They can not lose their tv and computer privileges any more cause they do not have those rights any longer. Those privileges can only be earned at 30 min intervals. You talk back you go for a time out. You tease you go for a time out. You don't obey you go for a time out. You tease Emma you go for a time out. You tease Hawthorne you go for a time out. You fight with each other you go for a time out. You sneak food you go for a time out. And I think you get the picture.... yeah Sam went for about 6 time outs today, tried out his screaming square once just for the heck of it and at the end of the day Sam said that he wanted to marry his mama.
And people look at me weird when I say I like to have A beer most nights than not.

Comments

April said…
Rachel, that was a great post! Even though my kids are 17 and 19,and a 51 yr old. I am thinking about using the screamimg square,...mostly for myself.If you ever get that "falling down in awe and reverence" thing figured out, please share! ~April