I can smell SPRING

First of all Happy St Patty's Day to everyone. Sam purposely did not wear any green today in the hopes of a Leprechaun sneaking up to pinch him. He must have asked every member in the family five times this morning if we saw any green on him. Yep that would be Sam, he also made a cool trap and said that if he got the gold he might give me a piece if I would let him have ice cream before dinner. When I told him no he said that is ok cause when he gets the gold he is buying the ice cream store.
So spring is almost here and I am thrilled. I can smell it and that is amazing since I can not smell so it must be mental but yeah to warm days, green grass, wildflowers and no longer the desire to put on 4 layers just to feel semi warm.
What I am about to share with you is just one of the many joys of parenting and please do not think ill of me but the reality is that Leah can drive me nuts. Well Sam and Emma drive me nuts too but in totally different ways. Leah is an all girly girl, she is emotional and loves to bond with you by spending time with you and talking about everything, which in turn sounds like nothing. So my dilemma is that I recognize that when she talks to me, in detail, about the most uninformative information that it makes her feel close to me. But it is soooo painful to listen to her. We can both be watching the same show and she will turn to me and just repeat back to me everything we were just watching. "Leah I am right here watching it!!!"
I really do try to listen to her cause for a while I would zone her out and respond with my, "yeah, hmmm, yeah, really" then I would look at her and she would have such a rejected look on her face.
So as painful as it can be sometimes I try to listen to her expand about how Savannah was wearing a shirt that looks kinda like one of her shirts and if Savannah is going to be nice this week they might set up a day where they are both wearing the same shirt and then they would be twins that day and anything Savannah did she would have to do too and .......
Well last night half an hour after she had been sent to bed she came out all excited to tell me all about the two chapters she had just read in this book and how the boy had said such a funny joke and it went like this... "Leah do you have a point to all of this?" She paused and look at me weird, "No but there is a period if you wrote it all down."


Here is Emma going to the rocks in our back yard barefoot and in her tutu. She is nuts.
So with Spring in the air Emma just could not resist picking my yellow teacups (as Leah calls them)
And once again we are hitting up the park on sunshiny days.

Ok now I do not usually swear and really try and keep my home pg to a pg-13 but when Ian brought me this doll that Hawthorne had gotten a hold of I had to take a picture. It is amazing how outside influences can even get to our dog. Just to let you know that I took him to the doggy park and got him some doggy treats so I think that he is over being pissed at me and we are all good now. Unfortunately Emma is down one baby but I think the other 12 might suffice.

Comments

Susannah said…
aw, what a cute little dolly!
Orange said…
What has Sam been teaching Hawthorn?