They are only cute in their pink tutu when....

So I went and put an application in at a tea house today. I was kinda excited since their hours of operation are from 10-3 Tuesday-Saturday which would work perfect with my other more than full time job of raising kids.
So after dropping the kids off at school I came home made a resume, brushed Emma's hair (seriously thinking of just letting her have dreadlocks), washed her face, fluffed out her tutu, stood back and decided she looks cute I think that I will bring her with me as I drop off my resume and hopefully her cuteness will work in my favor.
Yeah that is what I thought and then reality hit. At first she acted all shy and then within a couple min, like right around the time the owner was seriously talking to me about the job, she decides to start naming all the animals that she could recognize on the all the dishes AT THE TOP OF HER VOICE. So I decided now would be a good time to buy a bag of cookies and hopefully keep her quiet so that I could actually seem more hireable and less like a mother of a demanding two year old. Well the cookies did not work, instead of the one that I gave her she wanted the whole bag and felt that since I was not giving her my full attention she should throw herself on the floor and cry, whine, scream and take on the living version of what a two year old should do when throwing a fit. The owner then proceeded to place my resume in a drawer, tell me she will call me if she wants a interview. I left the store, trying to keep my head up with some dignity and restraining the desire to strangle the curly haired tutu girl in my arms, with the words, "I promise to not bring any children to an interview."

Hey I gave it a shot and whatever will be will be but I have learned that little curly haired girls are only cute in their pink tutus when they are not throwing a fit while you are trying to get a job.

Comments

Anonymous said…
lol...I'm sorry
have you heard back :) ??
that pink tutu will work in your
favor I'm sure under some other very different circumstances