All about baby Lauren

So for the individuals that do not know Chris (Ian's brother) and his wife Lacey had a baby girl named Lauren. Emma has seen her twice and has fallen in love. There was a commercial on tv where a mom was holding a newborn and Emma started yelling frantically "mom, mom" I turned to look, "baby Lauren, baby Lauren mom, ahh cuuuuute." Then later today as I was going through the bottomless toy chest I came across one of Emma's favorite dolls and when I showed her she said, "AHHH baby Lauren." She proceeded to cuddle and kiss baby Lauren and then wanted to include her (the doll) in on the birthday party she was hosting for all her horses. At one point I turned to see her stuffing a mini marshmallow (the birthday candy) into the dolls mouth, all while talking in her baby tone, "horsey birthday baby Lauren. Baby like birthday candy, Emma like birthday candy, horsey like birthday candy humdedum." Hey I was happy she was out from under my feet, without the sound of Dora (a whole other venting topic/blog) in the back ground and it only cost me a handful of mini marshmallows.
So in her delightful two year old world all babies on tv, in toy chests, or out and about are now officially baby Laurens.

Comments

Anonymous said…
thats so sweet
ahh Emma needs a baby sibling
lol..don't tell Ian I said that :)
Chris Newkirk said…
Ahhh.. I feel so honored.. Thanks Emma.. Lauren would be so pleased to know you love her so much. :)