Two Years Today and we have conquered the "NO"...


So a glorious two years ago we brought home our little pink bundle of Emma and now we stand back in amazement that she is two. Our rigid, little, strong baby has now turned into a talking, singing, jumping, running, arguing, opinionated, loving, thoughtful, helpful, determined, sweet toddler. I know that she has been waiting eagerly through Sam and Alex's birthdays for hers but this morning it was like the realization of her now being two hit her. She was full of uh uhs and nos all day. "Emma do you want to wear something pretty for your birthday?" "Pitty dess, tights, air clips" "OK lets put your dress and tights on" "NO NO NO" and it went from there.... so I am kinda finding it hard to enjoy my little two year old on her first day of being two since she has chosen to be such a defiant, curly headed girl.



Ok since I have not blogged for so long and have "good motherly" did my contribution to my daughters birthday I will fill you all in on what has kept me from my hobby (blogging.) Well it started with Emma finding a pair of goggles and insisting all day, every day to go to "Joshies house", to "Joshies water" cause it is "fun" and Emma, Daddy, Sam, Leah, Joshie and whoever else she can think of after a few ho and hums "like" the water. Lets just say that she is obsessed with it and is constantly talking about and wanting to go to Joshie's house. Which in turn has led to her putting on her goggles and taking off down the drive way to walk to Joshies house.... so I have had to keep a close eye on her and have had to give her numerous baths to qualm her desire to be in water at Joshie's house.



Then Sam and Emma got sick and Ian tweaked his neck and the laundry basket came from the same makers of Mary Poppins bag (bottomless) and doctor visits and an exhausted brain which I think I have covered, usually results in infrequent brain flow and thought processing so after all that here are some more pictures....
Emma sick...

Blowing up her balloon



She was thrilled to get her own birthday cards and present. After screeching at Leah and Sam that it is indeed Emma's she proceeded to look at it.
We asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she said, "cake ummmm juice, cupcake." I know that I am her mom but her talking and comprehension ability completely astounds me. I do not think that it is normal and as Ian asked me the other day, "Does she ever stop?" No hunny it is a running commentary on everything and if there is nothing to comment on then there is always Joshie's house and water to discuss.

Comments

Uh yes, we HAVE established that everyone from Daddy to Hawthorne likes the water at Joshie's houses. Many, many many times...Happy birthday to my cute little youngest chatterbox
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday to sweet, adorable,chatterbox Emma!
Such cute pictures of her.
What a doll!!!
Susannah said…
yay happy birthday emma!!!