Train Crash

Last night I officially fired myself from being a mom. Threw in the towel... so maybe that makes me an official quitter but either way I was done.
I thought that I was over being sick cause on Tuesday I was feeling much better and then on Wednesday it came back and I was as grumpy as all get out and seriously was very close to putting an ice pick into my ear just to relieve the pressure and stop the pain. It did not help that I had to wait in the dentists waiting room with Sam and Emma for an hour (waiting on Leah) and then we get home and I was like a kettle at full boil except my pent up steam came out more like a train crash than a high pitched screech. Ian comes home and after fearfully realizing what he just walked into gave me my space for 10 minuets than sheepishly asks me how I am feeling.


Now every good wife, who has stayed at home with children, hates up-heaving on their husband, who really has not contributed to your head feeling so congested that it could explode and your children having appointments and above all them being children and have to be fed dinner and do homework and so forth but they are usually the only person in a day that you feel at liberty to up-heave on and know that the consequences will not be too outrageous.

So what I said to Ian was, "I don't feel good" what I wanted to say or should we say scream was, " Really? Is it not obvious in your 10 mins home that I need to be fired from being a mom tonight. I feel like I am going to throw the dinner at the kids, I made Leah cry over her homework, I am going to strangle Sam if so much of a peep comes out of his mouth let alone a screech, and God help me but if Emma screams EMMAS one more time, than I am going to throw Emma and all that is Emmas out on the porch."
Yeah it was yet another glorious mother moment of knowing that you need to leave your job and yet your job is in your home and everything it pertains is pretty much solely dependent on you. So instead of snapping Ian's innocent head off I just took a hot shower, some meds and thanked Ian for cleaning up after dinner.

So here is to another evening of train crashes that have been survived by all in the Newkirk home.

Comments

Anonymous said…
ahhh I'm sorry Rachel. I've been right there with you many a times.
Hope you are feeling better very soon.
Can't wait to see you next weekend!!