Hormones at 8

So when you get the news that you are going to have a girl.... your heart melts with thoughts of pink hair bows and cute dresses. Nobody mentions that by the time your darling baby girl is 8 she will sound like she is dealing with the hormones of a 16 year old. The other day Leah got into trouble and Ian sent her to her room after a long talk about her being the oldest, which comes with the responsibility that she has to set the example for her siblings.

The following letter was her response:
Dear dad, I am so sory. I'm just not the same past thes fuw years. I am just so sory.
P.S. Can I just have my normal life back!
P.S. agan. Can I grab a box of tishuoos. thank you and ples.

Since she was confined to her room I went and talked to her and explained that we are a family and to participate in family activities means that you are obeying the family rules... so on and so forth. I got the following letter.
Dear mom, I do want to be part of the family. I just havent ben my self past these fuoo past days.
P.S. I just want to be part of the family.

We are such mean parents and as she was informing us of this fact we said that we would put an add in the paper to see if anyone wants a girl who does not always make it to the bathroom and who lies about it. Well later while Ian was talking to her about the seriousness of lying her answer was, "well you lied too, you said that you would find new parents for me that would like a girl that pees her pants and lies about it."

Yep those cute dresses and pink bows have turned into watching what we say and keeping our laughter in check as we deal with our 8 year old asking for her normal life back since she has not been feeling herself for the past few years.

Comments

Brown Eyed Girl said…
So should I be happy or worried about having a little girl? Lord help you and in the future, us!!!!