Boxing day.... and the reason why...

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhmpeIkEYPYypZ42N0VCcIrNzQk8VTgFMeZXgYFdFIgbmIcHd9iAaOpF7CbRdUsDfkoN80jBYIK7tOmjQTRK5O8F-RaoaZAwsn5iUBvklzjfe8iYKQuPjvtCcpHr0cfpdLRcTMIt1BUg3s/s1600-h/IMG_9824.jpg">
The reason that we have boxing day is that so all the mothers in the world that hosted and have small children during Christmas have a day to calm their twitching and clean house. Actually I feel like I need to be in a box and place my legs and arms in the air while on my back and scream out, I am a nut... feeling nutty, going nuts.... look at me in my shell. But since non of the presents came in a box big enough for me to fit in I can not hold true to my real desires of what I want to do on boxing day. OK with all of that rambling done.....

Christmas was awesome... well at least I thought so and that is all that matters cause it was at my house and that is all I have to say about that.
Christmas morning the kids were up inspecting the presents and note left by Santa. Leah is at the crucial age of wanting to believe in Santa and yet taking note of ever detail to try to dispute his realism. While Sam on the other hand is being confirmed by every action that Santa is real and just thinks that he is awesome.
So back to Christmas morning Ian and I are in bed listening to Leah whisper to Sam that she saw mom take our stockings and so it was not Santa that filled them up. Sam proceeded to run into our room, jump onto our bed and exclaimed Leah's statement to hear what our response would be. "Well I had to take your stockings into our room," said the faithful mom, " cause they don't have your names on them and I had to put your names on them so Santa would know who's is who's." And as he ran back to inform Leah it struck me in the face... That is why I am on Santa's naughty list, every year around this time of the year I become not only a compulsive liar but a compulsive liar to my own children.

The kids tore into their presents and loved it. Then Ian and I made a pack, he would not be grumpy today and I would not be stressed and surprisingly it worked. Whenever we would pass each other admits the chaos we would give each other the cheesiest grin and repeat our pack. Everyone showed up on time... we ate an awesome meal.... and exchanged presents... thank you everyone and then just when we are all getting ready to settle down and hang out the snow was seriously sticking to everything which kinda made everyone freak out and leave. It was like the gushing, snowy wind came in and swept everyone out the door. It was a beautiful day and we even went for a walk in the snow while the power was out for a couple hours in the afternoon/evening. Came home lit candles and spent the remainder of the children's evening trying to convince Emma that it was not someone's birthday so she could not blow out the candles and threatening Sam within an inch of his life to not blow out every candle that he saw. So by 6 the kids were sent to bed (hey it had been a long day) and Susie, Ian and I played games, drank a lot of beer (we were afraid they were going to go bad due to the power outage) and listened to music from Susie's cell till the power came back on.

So as I said it was an awesome Christmas and now being the day after I am ready to climb into a box.









Comments

Brown Eyed Girl said…
It was an awesome Christmas.. thanks!!!