Just my personal opinion but...

It is just my personal opinion but I think that a five year old boy is too young to have to get into a logical argument with. What happened to the good old days of what mama says is unquestionably, without logic or reason always correct? Well reality, which by the way has been sneaking up on me, hit me in the face yesterday. It happened at 12pm as I was picking Sam up from school. He came bounding out of the cafeteria with all of his papers in a plastic bag.
Mom- Hi Sam, where is your backpack?
Sam- Oh I lost it at the playground and I looked all over for it and in the lost and found and I could not find it.
Mom- Well did you eat lunch (which I had packed for him and had placed in his backpack)?
Sam- Yeah I had one of the tray lunches.
Mom- Sam you know that you are not allowed to get those lunches cause they cost money and that is why I always pack you a lunch.
Sam- You do not have to pay for them, you just have to type in your numbers and the lunch lady says go and get your lunch and besides Mrs. DEGNER (his teacher aka the law) said that I should get lunch.
Mom- Those tray lunches are not free, they cost almost as much as a happy meal at McDonalds and now we are going to have to pay for it.
Sam- Well doesn't it cost you money to make lunches for me at home?
Mom- *mouth wide open and flabbergasted* yes but it costs me a lot less to make your lunch at home than it does for a tray lunch.
Sam- Ok and by the way the lunch lady told me to give this to you (handing over a piece of paper stating that Sam owes them $4.75)
Mom- Sam you owe the cafeteria almost 5 dollars.
Sam- Does this mean that I have to go home and do chores to earn the money to pay them or do you have any money on you?


And here it is people a logical argument with a stinking five year old boy. Gone are the days of you do it and your getting a sore butt now I have to have reason and logic behind my requests. Ahhhh parenting can be so annoying at times but God bless him just the same.

Comments

Yeah, and how about the sneaking-a-lizard into school incident?
Susannah said…
so... what happened to his backpack?

(my captcha says shpoi. shpoi. that just sounds interesting... i wonder what a shpoi is?)
RN said…
maybe Sam lost his backpack in the shpoi zone? Or someone from the shpoi galaxy desperately needed a backpack with a lunch in it for their kid? I think I am just avoiding the cleaning I need to do....
Anonymous said…
lol...Sam is hilarious
Smart boy
Hope his backpack shows up soon