Halloween

Leah talking out loud to herself;
Why do we have Halloween? I mean I know why we have Thanksgiving, cause that is when the pilgrims and the Indians were thankful. I know why we have Christmas, cause that is Jesus birthday and that is why God made Santa so that all the kids would celebrate Jesus birthday and that everyone would get a present on his birthday not just Jesus. I know why we have Easter cause that is when Jesus is not dead anymore and it is always good to have a celebration when someone is not dead anymore. But why do we have Halloween?

Our morning started with a melting witch. Seriously she was having melt downs about everything.
And then the two were ready to hit our neighborhood. We made cookies for our neighbors since most of them are older and probably not expecting trick or treaters we thought it would be good to give them a treat. The kids thought it was great especially when one neighbor exclaimed, "I have not had trick or treaters in the 33 years I have lived here. Oh my goodness, I am so sorry I do not have anything for you."
Sam- " Here are some cookies for you"
Neighbor- " Here let me get you each a quarter for the cookies"
After giving each of the three kids two quarters Leah striding along said, "We totally scored at that house."


She was doing circles in the middle of the street???? She is so cutely weird.

Picture for Grandma. I asked the kids to say We Love Candy. Emma just decided to eat hers.
I could not believe how much candy these two got. I remember having to seriously work for a bag full of candy and these two rascals got it in about an hour. I think maybe the fact that it was raining kinda motivated people to give out handfuls vs one piece. Anyhow their bag fulls are in the cupboard awaiting to be earned or confiscated.
And a Happy Halloween to everyone for whatever reason we have it.

Comments

so cute! sorry to have missed the fun...are you in SLO?