Where dog, dog?

Today as I was sitting with Emma on the couch she hit me with the remote control right next to my eye. It hurt a lot and in the attempt to obtain some sympathy from her I acted like I was going to cry and pleaded with her for a hug and a kiss. Well after sitting there watching my act and without moving an inch she blurted out in an excited tone, "where dog, dog?" and proceeded to look around for him.
I just had to abandon my injured act because all of those times that we have distracted her whines, cries, and hurts by looking for the dog, dog, finally bit me in the butt. Either she equates comforting an injured individual with the pursuit of the dog dog or she has just figured that if you can tell her to get over herself with the dog dog why shouldn't it work for you.
I just have this image of Emma coming across a car accident, as an adult and running up to the injured person only to start yelling out, "Where dog, dog?"
Silly people don't you know that dog dogs make everything better.

Comments

Anonymous said…
lol..that's too cute!
So sweet of Emma :)
I want a dog