Lazy Day

Today has been such a delightfully lazy day. I have nothing really to blog about but I thought that I would just post some of the many faces of Emma and what we did while she has been sick.

She has been wearing her raincoat everywhere. Refusing to take it off even though we have blue sky and not a cloud in sight. Actually this time of the year is hard because in the morning it can be cold and then by the afternoon reach to the 80's. So on the particular day when it got to 84 degrees Leah went to school in her snow boots, Sam his rain boots and Emma in her raincoat. I think we should just move to Oregon so that our outfits fit in.
Emma has become a happy helper, mind you most of the messes are made by her. She had emptied out half of her diaper wipes by the time I got to her and she just started wiping the table looking at me saying, "dirty, dirty." I can live with a dirty table over the waste of half a bag of diaper wipes.
If her item of clothing comes with a hood that she insists that it is cold and has to hold it in place.

Here is Emma contently giving herself her medicine. Little stinker!!!
While she was sick she decided that I am hers and would follow me around holding her hands up saying, "mine, mine." Now that she is better I am still hers. I would find it endearing but she says mine mine over anything that she wants from a cookie to a dirty sock. So her endearing outreach to me with the loving request of "mine mine" (hold me, hold me) kinda wore thin after the first time.
And of course with any cold there is the wiping of the nose. She did a very good job at it on the few instances that she wanted to blow her nose. Her attempt of blowing her nose would usually occur after a battle with me over wiping her nose and then while I was throwing away her dirty tissue she would be removing half the box to blow her nose.
Yep she is at the delightful age of 21 months and I am so glad that she is better.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Comments