Healthy Boundaries

I believe that in any relationship there is a need for healthy boundaries. Sometimes those boundaries cannot be so clearly drawn out in the sand and sometimes you just have to make them happen. I remember when I was growing up with so many kids there was a lack of any personal boundaries and whenever I would complain to my dad he would always reply with, "your siblings are just helping you with your own personal growth." Now as an adult I realize that with any relationship I have there is always "help" with my own personal growth but that does not mean that I can not have my own personal healthy boundaries to ensure that I do not go crazy. Well all of this is really about nothing but the struggle I see Leah and Sam go through daily and I can see how as kids it is hard to get your healthy boundaries defined and so when I asked them to place their arms around each other the following shot just made me laugh.

I suppose in all love and war there is just times that you need to place that person at arms length. Leah's face should say it all.
Here is Emma watching her beloved baby movie, with her baby. Emma will not watch any other show other than her 1980's baby movie which she will watch back to back, over and over, while being dead to the world. It would be great but it is only 20 min long and is vhs (yes I still have those) and therefore can not be replayed without having to be rewound first. As Susie would say *argh* also when I was like 16 and worked at a YMCA daycare this movie was the only one that I played there so it is like flashback to the 80's clothing/ hairstyle flashback. One thing that is funny is when Sam walks around singing "today I took my diaper off"...... we are so proud of him.

Comments

Anonymous said…
lol that's hilarious. Yup Leah s face says it all :)
and Emma is such a doll with her baby.
Brooklyn is currently hooked on Word World.That s all she will watch.
Its driving me crazy but I know thats how they learn
Repetition over and over and over