Despite me....

Despite me being their mom, they are both all girl. I walked in on a very cute session of sisterhood makeover. They were both in their pajamas on Leah's bed, with Leah's bottles of her nail polish scattered around. Leah deciding which color she wanted next and Emma shaking the bottles one at a time for her. As Leah was putting Emma's hair up in a ponytail I overheard her telling Emma, "I know it is hurting hunny but sometimes we have to have some hurt to be pretty."
After Leah painted Emma's nails (she sat there so still and attentive the whole time) Emma got up and did Leah's hair. First by pulling it (hurts to be pretty) then by running her hand down the back of it gently and lovingly. Leah and Emma have a very special bond and my only hope is that they will always remain close and be there to hold the others hand while they endure the hurt to be pretty (cause God knows that I won't, I just don't get it.)
After all the primping was done Emma went to show Daddy her toes. Placing her feet in his face he asked, "Is it an ow wee on your toes or are they pretty?" She looked at him and said, "pitty, pitty toes."
Yep so despite me being their mom Emma knows that painted nails are "pitty" toes.





Comments

Anonymous said…
That is just too cute!
Sisters truly are the best!!
Anonymous said…
What a great story and pictures. Love, Muna