I am such a mean mommy

Emma got a blankie from Grandma for her first birthday and Emma loves her blankie. It is her security blanket, friend and everything else that a blankie is to a one year old. If there is any other blankie in her crib she will throw it out and there is no chance in a million that Emma is going to bed without her blankie. Well due to all the love this blankie gets, it is usually filthy. I have been very discreet about washing her blanket and have done an excellent job, until today. I was able to get the blankie into the washer without her noticing but once the door was closed and she peered in and saw her beloved blankie, well lets just say that she had the ultimate meltdown. I became the meanest mommy in the world and she felt completely betrayed by me. She remained next to the washer for the entire 30 minutes and when I tried to comfort her she would react to me like I was made of poison. The only other time that I have seen this look of horror on her face was when her beloved stroller rolled down the driveway, away from her.




Can she get any closer?

Comments

Anonymous said…
lol....T...
The look on her poor face says it all.
See I am a much meaner mommy then you that I would probably do it again just to get stuff done without being bugged.
Poor Emma looks so traumatized :)