Hunny I am home....

Hi blog, it has been a while so I thought that I would check in and say hi.
There are a few topics that having been going around my head to write about, like the children's appointed royal judging throne (the toilet) or the unspoken topic of men's pms but I think that I will write about nothing in particular.
This week has been good. Ian took Emma for the weekend to his grandma's house and can I just say, "That was AWESOME!!!" She is just sapping all energy and sanity from me. She leaves me alone as long as I am busy cleaning or moving around but the second I sit down to relax, eat, or go to the bathroom she is all over me thus resulting in not a minuet of the day to relax, chew and swallow or go to the bathroom without acting like I am in a peeing sprint. That break from her was restoration to my being.


We put in a sand box in our back yard for the kids which is great cause they love playing in it but we were a little bad on the forethought process of the location because as we have learned placing a sandbox next to your back door means that the trail of sand throughout your house is relentless. It is now impossible for Ian to get into bed without having to first brush off the soles of his feet just so that we are not sleeping with sand seeping into unwanted areas of our bodies.
As Leah exclaimed, "it is like we live next to the beach now, it does not matter if you are inside or outside you are always walking on sand."
Another quote from Leah after she had combed Sam's hair, "This is the handsomest Sam has looked in years."
Sam response while grinning ear to ear, "Yeah since I was a baby I have not looked so handsome."




On another note I can not believe that it is already September...
I remember when I was a kid and time moved so slowly, my uncle told me just wait till you are older you will wonder where the time went and when it started to go so fast. So true, it seems like I blink and summer is gone, the kids are in school, the day is done, the morning is here, the plans for another birthday are under way and despite my children aging I feel like I am stuck in some ageless state of parenting, that my time to approach thirty should still be in the very far distant future.

Anyhow I think that I am going to go and get some lunch.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So glad you had a little break from your busy,demanding cutie pie. I know how it is.
Sorry about your sand problem.
I bet the hours they play in it make up for it though.
Maybe one of those electric little vacuum things by the door.
Those quotes by the kids are too cute!
I agree the days do go pass so fast and the kids get bigger and bigger.
Makes me sad we don't live closer.
love you guys
Susannah said…
I love how you post that Emma is so draining and demanding, but whenever she's not there with you, you miss her. :) It's very cute.
Brown Eyed Girl said…
Yes, sand is a problem.. Like cat litter.. Same problem in our house. Especially now with our current problem with the mom cat trying to come in the house through the cat door. We've closed the cat door, brought the cat litter INSIDE the kitchen and I've never been more inclined to burn my house down as now.. Or just euthanize the cat myself. These are harsh words, I know. I'm pregnant. I do harsh and rash things. or at least think them..

Anyway, the real reason I'm commenting.. My friends husband has this cousin who is an AMAZING illustrator.. I thought she would be perfect for your someday book of Sam's antics.. Here's the link..
Well, this is to her blog (which I have now added to my list) http://lovebiscuits.blogspot.com/
and this is the one to the main web page. http://www.christinaforshay.com/christina_barragan_forshay_illustration.html

Hope you like her work. She makes me want to write a children's story. I never will. But she's good..

Oh, and after I have this baby, we're going to have a stiff drink and toast to silly drunk things.. Lacey :)