Grounded for life...

Sometimes it is just better if Sam is grounded. Once the rules have been broken and he knows that he is grounded the kid just does a one sixty and becomes a delight. No more whining for tv or computer, suddenly he is grateful for any interaction you have with him, and amazingly him and Leah play for hours with not a squeak of a fight. The boy plays outside, plays in his room, goes for bikes rides, and he will even join in on the cleaning of the house without being asked. It really is weird but the boy does better being under suspension or as Leah calls it "expunded" from all his privileges. So with all these enlightening views of my son without electronics I am seriously considering putting a ban on the tv when it is a school day. Not that I have anything against the tv but I kinda really like the fact that my son does not have so many episodes of his energy turrets. So the conclusion is that I would rather he flood the side of the house than harass his sisters, catch lizards and release them at the cat lady's house, take a bath in the sand (he put on his swimsuit and everything) then take a bath in the house... filling up the tub three times and letting it flow over at least twice, and finally riding his bike while letting out a blood curling scream (just for fun and through out the neighborhood) then making the daily trip to pick up Leah torturous for me.

Here we have Sam going under the DO NOT ENTER sign on the slide at his back to school kindergarten b-b-que with all the teachers, parents and other students..... another one of those proud motherly moments.
He is all clean and handsome ready for school so what a perfect time to climb a tree so that I can take his picture (which I did of course)
Like I always tell Sam, he does not like to show it but really deep down inside, sometimes buried he loves to be cuddled.
For me having three clean children is a rare event so I had to capture it.

Comments

CarGate said…
Rachel, I love you and your kids!
I love the picture of the three of them so clean and spiffy...
Anonymous said…
cute pictures! Sam is too funny.
glad you got a clean picture of all of them :)
They are adorable together.