Circus

So I took the kids to the circus. Emma in the morning to see the animals and watch the elephant put up the big top (she was more excited about the tractors than anything else.) Then after school I took Leah and Sam to see the show. They loved it. They got to ride an elephant before the show started and their eyes after getting down were as big as saucers. Leah illustrated with her shoulders going a mile a minute what it felt like. Sam ate up all the action, half way through he needed to go to the bathroom and refused to leave cause he did not want to miss anything and so spent the remaining time clutching himself and dancing. I sat next to Leah and got a running commentary of all the events we were both watching only interrupted by her personal needs. It went something as follows:
Leah-"oh no, yep really, he really is going to do it. Are you watching this? He is going to get into the box. NOOO Oh here he goes, yep there goes his leg into the box. I can not believe that he is going to fit himself into that small box and there he is doing it. I am hungry and a little cold. Do they have blankets here for their cold customers? Oh my goodness mom can you see this he is completely in the box and he just waved. This is crazy, no this is more than crazy. Can I get something to eat?"
Yeah she pretty much talked this way non-stop for the entire show. It was delightful to silently permit her to ramble and to fall into her world and enjoy her thoughts out loud. Usually I have a million other things going through my head that I just tell her to go find something to do.


Here is the man waving. I thought that it was unnaturally disgusting to see a man be able to bend the way he did.
Leah said that you would have to be over twenty to be able to hula hoop with so many cause she is 8 and finally learned how to hula hoop with one.



Leah looked at the clown with disgust after he said, "hello there little fellow" to her and Hi little lady" to Sam. Sam just thought he was great but was not going too close.
It was a great day. Thank you Scott and Jen for watching Emma. You both are sanity savers.

Comments

You're very welcome. we loved playing with the silly girl. although personally I would have liked to see the man bend himself into that box and then wave...
Anonymous said…
Wow what a fun day!