Body Parts

So along with Emma's increasing vocabulary comes her greater knowledge of body parts. She learned elbow and chin in one evening and loves to learn and repeat any other body part that she can reach.
These are just a few of the captured ones but she knows numerous more. She is so smart.

Elbow..... if I bend my arm she is all over my elbow.
CHIN... which quickly leads to teeth, tongue, mouth and so forth
EAR... with selective hearing
MOUTH... in case you were wondering
EYE..... yeah and that is how she shows you where yours is too.
NOSE... or porkey

Thank you Yudi for the hat. She looks so cute in it that I had to have a front yard picture shoot.
































Ok, this last picture takes me back to Leah at this age and my heart just melted. I get so busy existing and keeping up that I rarely reflect on the kids and who they were but when I saw Emma sitting there feeding her babies it took me back to Leah doing the same thing at the same age. I remember being prego with Sam, sick and exhausted and falling asleep on the couch only to wake up in a panic, concerned about Leah and seeing her there, right next to the couch, with everything set up feeding her babies.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh Rachel, life is good! Muna
DC Girl said…
Rachel,

One of these days we need to meet! I love everyone in the Newkirk family and your kids are just the cutest!

Love, Lesley

PS: And yes, Jeremy Haenny, THS Class of 99 is my hubby! Can't believe it! :-)
Anonymous said…
What a doll!!
This age is precious despite the ears that don't listen so well.
and the hurricane path they seem to leave behind them.
I love the pictures you got of her and her adorable hat.
She is too cute!