MOMS ARE NOT PERFECT

There is nothing like children that highlight all the imperfections of their mother.
Well back to this topic later but for today this imperfect mother got her two kids to school for their first day. SAM IS IN KINDERGARTEN. Jennifer said that she told his teacher that we will all be praying for her every day. So if you would like to join in on these prayers, her name is Mrs. Degener, or when Sam says it "Mister Degener", for some reason when he says Mrs it comes out sounding like Mister so I told him to just call her Ms. Degener. He was ready and excited about going.... so excited that he got up at 5:45 and by 6:45 was begging me to just go already. Nothing like an annoying kid for an hour before school to take any motherly heartache that your baby boy is now in kindergarten and beginning his educamation. Leah took going into second grade all in stride and really despite being excited to see her friends again and playing on the play ground really did not know what Sam's fuss and excitement was all about.



Sam got up and dressed himself immediately. We fixed the buttons on his shirt but I forgot to check if his socks matched. Oh well. He loaded all his money in his wallet and was ready to go.
Here is my morning delight... she takes after me and is just not a morning person. Got herself dressed and sat on the couch like a zombie for about 40 minuets.
Emma apparently wanted to go to school too and when they other kids were getting dressed she got a pair of Sam's underwear and got dressed too. Shoes, an item of clothing and she was standing at the door to leave.
I had the kids pack their own lunches, not because I wanted them to get excited about going to school (my friends motivation) but because I do not want to do it every day for the next school year and what we start we have to finish and what they start, well that is all they know.
Yeah it is finally time to go. Sam was accommodating for the pictures since I am the one with the car keys and I think that Leah's face says it all.
Well he marched right in, hung up his backpack and did not give me a second glance except when I called to him to look at me for this shot. He is begging me to leave already, really he has been waiting for the last three hours for me to ditch him already.

Alright Sam have fun in kindergarten and please for the sake of us all, be good.

Comments

Susannah said…
lol, I love the expressions on Leah's face!! Too cute. And yes, I'll add Sam's teacher to my very long list of people I'm praying for (including you, I talked to Lacey). :)
Anonymous said…
ahh they are looking so grown up.
Such cute pictures.
Congrats to Sam on his first day of Kindergarten and Leah on Second grade.
and cutie pie Emma for putting on her brothers underwear. Too cute!
love you guys
Ethan goes for a tour of his new school on Friday
oh and will be praying for Sams teacher :) but I'm sure he will do great!!
Hi Rachel,

Thanks for the comments. I see you have your hands full!

I also see you are linked with Jennifer. I am always looking for links.

Russ:)