Cheeky little monkeys..

So part of our reward system is that the kids can earn tickets for doing their chores, making their beds, listening, and so forth. 20 tickets will earn you a toy at the dollar tree and 30 tickets will earn you a happy meal.

Well the kids are always trying to earn a happy meal and I realized how I was not on top of things when Sam brought me his jar to count his tickets with him and see if he had enough for a happy meal. The cheeky monkey had been tearing his tickets in half so that he would have twice as much. Upon my realization I went to Leah's jar and sure enough all of her tickets each had a frayed edge leaving the evidence of her having torn all her tickets in half as well.

What can I say, I have some incredibly smart, cheeky monkeys. I called them both over and let them know that I was in on their little scam and I would have remembered if I had given away more than 60 tickets. Not cool and all tickets with frayed edges went straight to Emma who gets the choice of numerous awards, much to Leah and Sam's dismay.

Comments

It's hard to always be smarter than your kids...What happened to your old posts with the pictures? I like to browse through them when I want a smile...
oh, they're back...blogspot can be cheeky too!
Anonymous said…
Wow.... that doesn't surprise me that they'd try to pull something like that off. lol So who's idea was it in the first place?
Anonymous said…
lol...smart kids.
Its hard to stay one step ahead of
their smartness