Evicting Mr. Nobody


It does not matter the family size but as soon as you have children or a dog Mr. Nobody moves in. His presence does not make a grand entry but like a pipe leak under a house it is not long before the water starts leaking in and you are left sopping up the messes of this unwelcome guest. He usually is not fully moved in until the kids can talk in full sentences and than it hits you, Mr. Nobody is completely unpacked, feet up and taking over your house. Thankfully he requires no feeding, bathing or bedding but non the less he demands a lot of your time.
If you wonder about Mr. Nobody's presence in your home than ask some simple questions like: Who got into the chocolate chips? or Who left the water running in the bathroom, with the plug in? or Who made these mud tracks in the house? or Who let the dog in after I just mopped? Evidence of Mr. Nobody is usually found in the answers that can go as follows; I didn't do it. It wasn't me. or Maybe it was a monster, yeah those look like monster tracks to me.
So I am evicting Mr. Nobody. I am done with his shenanigans. Done finding the evidence of him residing with us, gone are the days of cleaning only to find his trail of disaster behind me. Gone are the days of permitting this unwelcome guest to leave messes wherever he permits, letting the dog in whenever he feels, leaving crumbs in the four corners of my house and every square inch in between, and Gone, Gone are the days of Mr. Nobody. It is either him or me and I would love to see the family get by under Mr. Nobody's rule, since the most likely scenario is that nobody will do anything.
So farewell Mr. Nobody. I would like to say that we have enjoyed your stay but I would just be lying. Good luck with your next victims and if you even think of showing your face here again expect to be greeted with a frying pan.
I think tomorrow I am going to evict Mrs. Grumps. Lets just say that I am on a summer cleaning binge.

Comments

mom said…
That does it Rachel SEND YOU BLOGS TO SOMEONE ANYONE THAT HAS A MAGAZINE OR NEWSPAPER or I will think that the pesky self doubter has moved in and he is as bad as Mr. Nobody.
And wait until you meet Ms. Everyone. As in everyone else gets to...
Birgita said…
Emma looks like the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz with her little triangle nose!!!