we are going zoo crazy

So thanks once again to Grandma, I have gotten through another morning of summer vacation. We got the joy of going to a pony camp that in the words of the owner was, "a glorified pony ride and petting zoo." I was taking notes and realized that all I need for parental control is a fenced in area and some animals. Although it would be no matter of time before animal control came to rescue the poor things as Leah and Sam were seeing whose chicken got to the ground first as they held them over their heads then let go. Leah was force feeding the baby goats to their mother, Sam was having the guinea pig and the baby rabbit wrestle and Emma was hitting every goat on the head that came near her. I am honestly shocked the owner even asked if we wanted to come back since I am sure her insurance covers the kids but not necessarily the animals.
Any how so I guess her daughter was in Scott's class last year and when her mom introduced us she is standing there exclaiming, "Guess who this is? Now look at her, can't you tell? It's Mr Newkirk's daughter!!! Can't you tell." Apparently I look just like Scott and Jen and I am my own husbands sister. She was very nice but her brain was an open scrabble board and she lived accordingly. A thought would enter her head and then she would go ten different directions with adjoining thoughts and actions, so in her scrabbled thoughts I still remain Scott and Jen's very short daughter that looks just like them.
The kids are onto the next church for their next week of vbs, we are on the prowl for church crashing. The benefits of the catholic vbs were that Leah now knows how to pray, Sam knows lots of songs taught to him by the 100 year old lady that knows all the songs there is to know (according to Leah she was not that old, she was like 99 or something) and Emma and I got to spring clean the kids bedrooms. Good times
My smile for today is that Ian only has to work 4 days this week. Yeah








Comments

Anonymous said…
lol..what a funny story.
Sounds like the kids had a lot of fun and the animals not so much :)
What a lady lol...
Thats too funny.
At least you could come away feeling that your brain still works functionally
you should thank her next time for that :)

Have fun at the next VBS
love you guys
Scott says your description of Madi's mother is right on...Cute pictures. I think we should make a summer 2008 book.