Torture

So I do not know what I was thinking or if I was thinking at all but I decided this week to stop drinking coffee and start drinking green tea instead. There is just no comparison. Green tea left me feeling drained, grumpy, and extremely tired (like ready to go to sleep at 7:30 tired) and by the third day I felt nauseas. Last night I felt so drained and seeing that the kids had taken their baths, eaten dinner, in pajamas and ready for bed, I approached Ian and said, "can you put the kids to bed tonight?" It was like seeing a deer in the head lights, "Why, Where are you going?" I just looked at him trying not to crack up at the look of horror on his face, "to take a shower." The relief that flooded his body was visible as I could see his mind thinking ok she is still in the house. So today after getting up in yet another zombie like state, running to the store to get Leah her Very Merry Un-Birthday cookie (for the kids that have birthdays in the summer) dropping kids off at school and getting my depo shot (all by 8:30) I decided it is coffee time or there is no way I am going to be able to face the fact that today is Leah's last day of school and summer has begun. Lets just say that I feel gibberishly joyful, I hear the birds chirping once again and no matter what anyone says about the benefits of green tea and the negative affects of coffee, I did my experiment and for sanities sake am sticking to my coffee. God bless the black stuff.

Comments

Susannah said…
ah, yes, the joys of coffee! Sonrisa tried to convince me that the caffeine in tea will make me just as awake as coffee, but I'm sorry, it just doesn't work that way. I'd say that it's purely psychological, but I don't get hyper when I drink decaf, even if I didn't know it was. I'm rambling, sorry. I'll stop now.

Oh, can I stay at your hostels?
Anonymous said…
My theory is your body needs one cup of coffee a day per kid you have.
I get two or rather I need two cups a day or more and you need three :)
Enjoy your coffee. It truly does help and makes a big difference.