So God does care...

Well I know that I will be struck down by that little fairy that flies around on behalf of children. Ready with her wand to boink any mother who entertains less than delightful thoughts of her children but Sam is sick today and I am loving it. I feel bad for him but really it is the ok kind of sickness where you know that within 24 hours he will back to his old self of bouncing off walls and an inability to lower the volume of his voice, no matter how many times you plead. He has gone from our bed to the couch all day and the only noise I have heard is snores and an occasional hmmmm. Leah came home from school early today too, with the complaints of not feeling well but once I reminded her that her final field trip is tomorrow and we would have to see how she is feeling to see if she can go, resulted in an almost miraculous recovery. Forgotten were her whines for tea for her sore throat, the aching in her back, the "pumpy" head, and all the other numerous ailments that consume my daughter when the mere mention of becoming sick engulfs her.
Ok so my laugh of the day was Leah becoming increasingly annoyed with Hawthorne (our dog) and I realized I should step in and help her or rescue him when she exclaimed in a high pitched annoyed voice, "thats it dog, you are getting on my last bone (nerve) and so help me if I don't break yours."

Comments