My Day, My Life



I know that I should be cleaning right now since I currently have one child but I figure I am going to squeeze into my me space. You ask, Where are the other two? Well my dear friends for only 20 dollars I have them attending the vbs at the Catholic church to learn about the saints and their virtues. That is right, I have abandoned my upbringing view of catholics being of the devil and sold my children for $20 for three glorious hours a day, all in the hopes for that remarkable price they will return to me saintly. Moving on... Please take a good look at this cartoon that sums up my day, my life so well and please take note that even when I do squeeze in some me time it is still being harassed by the kids. Any how, I would like to take this blog opportunity to vent about my weekend. I was not in a good mood this weekend, the week with the kids wore me out, the lack of break from everyone and everything completely frayed my being and so like most housewives do, I looked to my husband for some understanding and self initiated help (I do not know why we do this self torture).
Saturday night... Ian had given Emma her bath and an hour later it was her bed time. "Ok hunny" said I "Emma is ready for bed". He quickly returned with, "but I gave her a bath and I usually put her to bed." "Fine with me" I said "than you can go ahead and take over my usual evening duties of cleaning the kitchen and feeding the dog and I would love to just put Emma to bed." So despite all that was within me I did not touch the kitchen that night or all the next day, as the dishes remained piled in the sink. By three I think the kitchen was getting to Ian as well so bless him he emptied the dishwasher... and left it open... until it was 5:30 and I could not take it any longer and did the dishes. Hence the pictures below....
In saying all this, Ian did cook dinner both Saturday night and Sunday and I think in the hopes of cheering me up he got me a hose and sprayer from home depot. ??? Nothing like a hose to say I love you, let me show you how much I appreciate all that you are doing. Maybe he was just trying to say cool off and stop taking life so serious, the house is still standing, the kids are still alive and you look ugly when you are grumpy. I love you too hunny and thanks for my hose.



Comments

Birgita said…
Thanks for making me belly laugh about selling the kids to the Catholics! Still laughing.

Your book should be titled;

Here We Go?
A mom's blog to sanity.

P.S. The empty dishwasher should be on the dust cover of the book.
Anonymous said…
I love that sign it reads my life as well.
I feel your pain. Hope this week is going better.
good job Ian on the empty dishwasher :) That was thoughtful
we have the same vacuum in the back.
the amazing yellow dyson that is