the little things

Sam at the cemetery unsure about being at an unknown grave site (almost anticipating something or someone to jump up.)
So here is a picture of Sam and Leah watching a movie and Leah wanted someone to cuddle with. It was cute as Sam was rubbing her back the whole time.

So I have decided that since motherhood is such a day to day thing (and not an always pleasant day to day thing), I have decided to write one thing from each day that I have loved, or that made me smile or laugh, or just kept my sanity within visible site even if it is not yet obtainable at this stage in my life.
Today it would have to be that Sam spontaneously decided that Emma needed to give him a high five whenever she fell down (which can occur every 30 seconds or every 5 minuets depending on the shoes she is wearing.) So all day today I have been hearing a bump, the beginning of a cry and then a "give me 5 Emma" followed by a hand clap and her walking towards me with the biggest grin. It amazed me that Sam took the initiative to turn Emma's falling down into an awesome rewarding experience for her and me. You go Sam

Comments

Anonymous said…
Such an adorable picture of Sam and Leah cuddling.
What a man Sam is! Such a sweet story about what he did for Emma.
I like your what you said about only boring people get bored. I will definitely have to use that.
love you guys
and have a wonderful Tuesday!!
Brown Eyed Girl said…
It is amazing how we can so easily focus on the negative. Sat I was depressed and crying about all the things I hate about our house and current living condition. Until God gave me a glimmer of hope and reminded me "I can hear you not being thankful for all the wonderful things I have already given you." So, yeah for the happy times and being thankful. Sam is very sweet and does (90%+ of the time) mean well.
Love, Lacey