Fieldtrips

Well Sam, Emma and I had a nice time joining Leah in on her last field trip of the school year to the local pizza place.




On my way down the driveway to pick up Sam I looked out my window and saw this beauty of a garter snake. Now I am a lover of snakes yet you will probably never see me hold one, none the less catch one. So I took my pics and wished the snake well and good catching of any mice that come near our house.



The smile of my day was the story Sam told me after I wondered out loud how Grandma's field trip had gone to the park, as it had been a rather windy cold day. He immediately responded bad. How come? I said.
Sam- "Well there was a bad boy and he ran away"
Me- "From Mrs Newkirk's class"
Sam- "No from Grandpa's class, he is a bad boy who gets mad and bangs chairs and desks together and runs away"
Me- "I do not think that Grandpa would let him get away with that"
Sam- "Well he would call his mom but his mom would be bad and mean too, and he would have a bad one year old sister and a bad seven year old sister and they are all mean"
Me- "Well I am glad that I do not belong to that family"
Sam (with a big grin) - Me too

Comments

Brown Eyed Girl said…
I love your kids and hope that when Alex gets old enough to be clever and sassy, that I have the wit that you do to head him in the right direction. Those kids have no idea what a wonderful mother they have. Love and good night.. L