The best and worst job out there...

Dear Boss,

My name is Rachel aka Mom, I have been in my current position for almost eight years now and despite my easy going disposition there are a few issues that I would like to discuss with you.

I feel that I have proven to be a hard, consistent and reliable worker. If you would like evidence of my work history please feel free to talk to Leah, Sam or Emma all who are still alive, healthy and happy for the most part of each day.

Some of the issues that I would like to discuss with you are as follows; 1) my pay, 2) my vacation time, 3) my lunch time, 4) my working hours, 5) my health insurance and 6) my appreciation day.

1) I am concerned about my wages, or should I say the lack of wages. Despite the hours that I put into my job I have been required to have my spouse support me.

2) I have discovered that my vacation time is few and far between ( I am talking a couple days and years apart)

3) I was just wondering if I do get a lunch time at this company. I would be more than willing to clock out and in. What I am looking for is just a half an hour to eat my lunch in peace without daily working through it.

4) My hours are awful, I am on call 24/7, actively working between the hours of 6am to 8:30 pm, not to mention being woken up at ghastly hours of the night to attend a variety of duties that can include: getting a bottle, retrieving heat packs for growing pains, praying that the bad dreams will stop and be replaced with good dreams, reassuring that there are no monsters making noises under their beds or in their rooms or outside of their windows.

5) My only concern about the health insurance is to know that there is full coverage for counseling.

6) On my appreciation day (Mother’s Day) I received a packet of pepper seeds and was wondering who I could talk to about that.

As I said early, I am easy going and find myself very happy at this company, I just felt that after eight years I thought it was time to write this letter. I appreciate all the personal growth this company has offered me over the years. The increase in my love, patience, and laughter are all directly related with working for you. For all this I am grateful but I would still appreciate if you could look over these issues and get back to me at your earliest convenience. Thank you

Yours faithfully,

Rachel aka Mom

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are hilarious!
If its any consolation
I've been at the same job for 5 years and have the exact same complaints.
Us moms need to form a Union :)
Brown Eyed Girl said…
They have done a study for stay at home mom's. If we earned a wage/salary we would make 160,000.00+ overtime a year. 160 thousand... We SHOULD form a Union!