Did the chicken or the egg come first?

So I have been frustrated at the fact that I have to repeat myself over and over, not to mention the raising of my voice (God forbid I would yell at my children) to get them to do anything. Then I noticed a trend occurring, within my home, of my blessed children repeating over and over the same thing to me and a raise in their voices. So which one came first, the chicken or the egg? I am tired of the repeat coming from my mouth and their mouths, tired of the increase in the volume of our home and would love an end to it all. Honestly what ever the answer is, to whoever came first, I just want to have dinner or breakfast, whether it is fried chicken or scrambled eggs. I just want for them to tell me one time that the toilet paper is gone (not to yell it five minuets straight while I am in the middle of making dinner with a one year old attached to my leg) and for me to tell them one time to get their shoes on (not wait till I have picked them up at the bottom of the drive way to tell me they need to get their shoes). Aghh the questions and trials of life.
Anyhow on another note, my friend lent me the movie 27 Dresses with the insistence that it was a great movie and I should watch it. Well it was played twice at my home, both with my full intentions to watch it but I just could not bring myself out of reality long enough to sit down and actually watch it. I watched it long enough to think, "why is my friend torturing me by subjecting me to the life of a single girl who can go and come as she pleases, drink as much as she wants and has money to blow. Who has 300 dollars to spend on one evening for the cab alone, that does not include the cost of the dresses she needed to be a maid of honor for the two weddings she was bouncing back and forth to and that was as far as I got. Ian says that I am an awful movie watcher cause I never watch them with the thought that they are not real. For me they have to make sense, the characters and lives have to be realistic and all in all it just has to be believable or at least relate somewhat to the life that I live. So give me Survivor, or Hell's Kitchen or Amazing Race, anything that is associated to reality, even if it is reality TV. You might wonder how these three shows relate to my life but for the most part motherhood is a state of survival of the fittest, my kids can sound like Ramsey when my food is presented to them and like Amazing Race, well I just never know what task is going to be asked of me next.
Well I am off to enjoy my Friday night with my hubby. Have a good weekend everyone.

Comments

Anonymous said…
lol..Rachel you are hilarious.
wish i could come collect your kiddos and give you a much needed break.
love you and thanks for your comment.