Where is your mother?



Well I just got back from the store and thought that I would share with you my wonderful outing. I had turned down a lane and realized that Sam was not with me. So I went back to the front of the store only to find Sam in the middle of the front hola hopping with shoppers gazing on in disbelief seeking a way to go around him. It was another one of the many moments that Sam graces me with, that I just long to go up to him and say, "it is time for you to go find your mommy, little boy." Meanwhile Emma who has been enjoying her cookie and somehow has the amazing ability to cover herself with smeared chocolate from the five chocolate chips (that I saw) decided that she was done sitting and is now proceeding to crawl out of the cart. Sam decided to rejoin us and help me (much to my horror) by insisting on pushing the cart (without looking where he is going) and with Emma on my hip I am picking up his trail of bumped items off the floor, apologizing to everyone. Once we get to the check out which happened almost immediately once I got a hand on the cart, I was not surprised when I was not carded for my margarita mix, since it seemed obvious that I was old enough to look this frazzled, I must be old enough to drink to my shopping experience later. And once again I found myself having spent a ridiculous amount of money on a cart full of items that I have no idea what they are. I just hope that I remembered the milk. So here is to all the people that consider shopping a boring experience and to all the people that go to the gym for a workout, and here is to that delightful margarita that I am anticipating with high expectations this evening.

Comments

Anonymous said…
lol Rachel what a trip :)
sounds awfully too familiar
love Emma's adorable pics.
One of our big stores up here has an indoor check your child in play place
its heavenly
its only too bad they put a time limit on it :)
Have a wonderful weekend
Fidelis said…
Hey Rach, i love your stories, they always bring a smile, but once again i am reminded of just how much I really don't mind waiting to be a dad..
Sunshine said…
This sounds about right. :) You're right...who needs the gym? And thank goodness for Happy Hour!