So where is the maid?


Whenever my darling husband takes off his clothes and socks and throws them in the general direction of the hamper I just look at him and say, "oh don't worry, the maid will get them." So I was just wondering where the maid is, cause she has not shown up since we have been together and the clothes are starting to pile up. Love him for all he does but I am discovering no matter how many consecutive days I pick up the clothes off the floor they are always there the next morning, they might not be the same color but they are there just the same. I think that I might wonder if I was in the right room if I awoke to a clean floor yet in saying all this I kinda like his presence in our home, even if it does come in the shape of dirty socks lying next to the hamper.

Comments

Anonymous said…
lol..Rachael
I kind of wondering the same thing at my house.
Only add being sick and in lots of pain and the maid not showing up.
Wet towel on the floor, last nights drink upstairs, pistachio crumbs all over the couch, jacket laying on the floor in the closet and on it goes
I feel your pain. What are wives to do????
Brown Eyed Girl said…
What are wives to do???? Kick our nasty husbands a swift kick in the ass!! That's what.. The treat in my house is, "if you don't put the seat down, you're going to find it around your neck in the morning when you wake, oh dear one!" it's worked out pretty good so far.. Well until Ian stays at my house. I seem to recall last time he was there, I said, "honey, your brothers glass is on my piano." Chris said, "Dude, pick up your glass before my wife kicks you in the balls." Thanks honey.. Here's my advise, GO CRAZY! Start making treats and then stick to them.. It's not TOO much to ask to put the socks in the hamper which is right next to the floor.. Or just stop doing the laundry all together. Do yours and sort out his.. He'll love that.. Chris knows that if I don't feel appreciated, I won't do sh*t! Good luck ladies.. But you better start now before it's too late.. What am I saying, it's never too late.. WOMAN POWER!!
Brown Eyed Girl said…
I'm a terrible speller when I get started.. "Give them a swift kick.. and not the treat, but threat...." Every time you read "treat" really i meant "threat".. stupid spell checker didn't catch it.. That's what happens when I get on a woman power roll.. :)
Lacey,I thought giving them the treat was kinda like taking the stink out. I'm sorry you clarified that...love you! And I'm sure that the boys (men only to you girls) messiness is my fault...love from the messy mom