meandering about nothing particular

So... I feel like meandering, preferably down a meadow but since life has restrictions I suppose that I shall meander with words today. There are so many mundane aspects of life that have to be lived and can sap the energy and life from an individual but never can be ignored. Like children, schedules, jobs, housecleaning, laundry (oh do not get me going on laundry) and emotions. I personally have a huge vendetta against emotions, they drive me nuts and the hormones that seem to have a dictating affect on them. Anyway as life has settled into our new home and the adrenaline of something new occurring has worn off I find myself feeling sapped once again. In no way am I implying that I do not love my life, my children or my house but damn those daily mundane activities that greet me every day and do not permit me peace of mind if ignored. So much to my hearts delight I am going to do something that I do not do nearly enough but I am going to take a day to myself. Saturday I am going to drive (ALONE) to have lunch with my sister in Santa Clarita and hopefully a few stops along the way to take pictures of the poppies and maybe get lost in their fields, if only for a little while. Despite only officially being planned a whole 20 minuets ago I can hardly wait. My heart is already feeling rejuvenated with the thought alone that I get to do something solely for myself, a break from the mundane, time with my sister that is always guaranteed to bring a laugh and a relaxing time. Yeah for me.
The kids have been up to their usual delight, Sam was concerned about monsters under his bed until he found the courage to look under the bed and see if there is any. Now on a nightly basis he has become our house's monster mascot asking each member of the family if they would like him to look under their bed to seek out and scare any monsters. I find it quiet brave considering our bed is so big and has so many dark spots (as he pointed out). Thankfully we have been monster free for a week now and counting, and he did find another pair of Emma's missing shoes under her crib, I swear that girl has something against socks and shoes.
Leah wants to be a pet store owner when she grows up and told Sam that when she moves out and he is still living at home she would get him a turtle. Well Sam told her that he would get her a kitten (what she has always wanted). Well when I picked Sam up from preschool he said that he wanted to go get Leah's kitten, at which point his teacher pipes in, "Sam has been talking about how he is going to get both his sisters a kitten each." I looked at her and said, "yes in ten years" She just started cracking up, Sam's teachers seem to know to never expect the norm from us. Sam is always the first kid they ask about what he did over the weekend, which honestly I like hearing from him too cause it always sounds a whole lot more interesting than the weekend I remember just having.
Emma is officially crazy, she decided that the quickest way to get down the slide is if you climb up it first, so much to my horror she was caught climbing up and sliding down her little slide. Not to mention that every rock she sees she makes a mad dash for and climbs up it. She is our official little climber, and is perfecting her ability to give her mom a heart attack. I thought that I had another six months before the dare-devil acts would begin. Well I am off to take a shower and fall asleep to my book... here is to Friday tomorrow and then Yeah for the weekend.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good to read your meandering thoughts.
Sam stories are too funny.