I think my kid is mentally abusing me

Ian is not home yet and it is once again that time of day 4:45. Dinner is in the oven and on the stove and I have asked Leah to make her bed which has resulted in her screaming at me for the last 45 minutes. She lost her items in her room due to the lack of respect she has shown her room and since she came home from school and realized the tragedy of the situation, I have been enduring screaming statements as follows: "this room is now a big blob of nothing", " this is not a kids room, it looks like a parents room or something," and not to forget what her teacher is always saying, " you should know the big rule MOM, treat others as you want to be treated" I know her intent is to make me feel absolutely awful for treating her so bad, aka making her make her own bed but it only has resulted in me once again wondering how much of this mental abuse I have to live with and when will Dad be home to have someone to laugh at it all and not just hear it all. I told her that we will have a heart to heart once the bed is made ( I can not wait), she has so many feelings that she NEEDS to share with me and I have a few feelings I would like to share with her and a few thoughts that I should not share with her but mean while I thought I would just blog. For those lucky few who get a quite evening, ENJOY IT

Comments

Brown Eyed Girl said…
Stay strong Rachel.. She sounds like she's a teenager already.. Lord give you strength!! Just remember, she'll thank you when she's older for giving her rules. I remember my mom did the same room thing to me.. Once when I was 3 ish and again when I was 14.. Not so good at 14.. Hard times.. But to this day, I put my hair things (blow dryers, curling irons, etc.) away every time I get ready.. Love you and good luck..
PS to Leah, "Leah, you better clean your room or I'm going to take back my Tinker Bell pillow and keep it until I can see that you're putting forth some effort".