just feeling drained

I have noticed with a bigger house (and a nicer house) I have more to clean and a greater desire to keep it clean, which has led me to feeling more drained. Maybe there is traces of my sister's ocd running through my system, which I always swore ran no where near me. Maybe me feeling drained has to do with Ian working so much lately. Single parenting can wear anyone out or maybe the feeling that Ian and I are living two separate lives due to his job consuming all his energy and time. I think that we need to spend some time together so that I feel re-connected... maybe this weekend, cause as of right now we have no plans that I know of, but we shall see. On another note Sam has his first loose tooth and can not wait for the tooth fairy to visit, to the point of playing with his tooth so much that he made it bleed and then cried about it (at preschool). Leah informed me this morning that I would be much prettier if I wore my hair down and wore a skirt once a month or so. I told her that I would be much prettier if I got a good nights sleep and did not have to wake up to tend to her crying sister through out the night. :) Emma has been doing much better about playing by herself and seems to be so much happier for it. Yesterday while I was wiping her continually runny nose she said, "bad mama" which just sent me into hysterics since she rarely calls me mama and she says bad dog dog all the time. Apparently she has a full grasp on her limited vocabulary. Speaking of vocabulary Sam was teaching his best friend, who is hispanic, how to say computer, like a little teacher Sam would get in his face and say, " say after me, com-pu-der, commmm-pu-Der, ok" I am glad tomorrow is Friday, the weekly schedule of driving the kids to school, picking one up and then the other gets really old after a while. Leah could be taking the bus now but I find it pointless since I still have to drive Sam to preschool anyway. Yeah for kindergarten next year, even though it is only half day I am signing him up for the daycare just to have more options with what I do with my day. The future is looking bright, well at least more optional. I have started to get ready for Easter, I know that it is still a little bit away but I am really excited about having everyone over and I want it to be really nice. So from someone who does not eat candy I have plenty of candy for the egg hunt and for tasty decor, although the whole process of buying the candy was enlightening (I am glad I got a head start, since it turned out to be a bigger task than I had ever thought it would or should be.) Since when did there get to be so many different kinds of jelly beans? I must have spent 10 min. looking for just plain old jelly beans, not sweettarts or lifesaver or jolly ranchers or starburst or bumpy beans, just plain old beans. Consumerism drives me nuts, now-a-days, apparently Easter would not be right if you do not have at least 10 different type of jelly beans, how did the kids ever enjoy Easter prior to these varieties? I suppose it would not have been so frustrating if I knew what in the world the difference is between all the different varieties. So despite the confusion of just trying to find plain, simple jelly beans, I hope that Easter day is a nice, sunny day and the kids have a blast hunting for eggs (filled with a strange and foreign variety (to me) of beans) since we now have the best place ever for egg hunts. Well I am off to feed the kids their lunch... it was very nice to take a few minuets and vent about nothing particular. Have a good afternoon everyone.

Comments

Starburst or Jolly Rancher...both a wonderful advance in jelly bean evolution...
Anonymous said…
lol..Rachel you are funny.
I've been stocking up for a few weeks on Easter candy. Ethan can't wait for the easter bunny to hide it. My problem is the bad easter bunny keeps eating the stock of chocolate. So about every week I go easter candy shopping so i feel your pain.
I to did housecleaning today and grumbled the whole time. Its such a pain. I know and time consuming.
Ask Ethan what mommy's job is and he will say To Clean without any hesitation.
thanks for your new address
It looks so beautiful and peaceful there. Wish we could come for Easter
Brown Eyed Girl said…
I agree with Jen on this. Starburst are the best Jelly beans.. Oh, don't forget the Robin Eggs for Chris.. or he won't come to the party. No pressure!. :) We can't wait for the party..
mom said…
Hey Rachael, don't forget YOU ARE IN CHARGE! Not the stores, not the kids not anyone else, just you.
Muna