blue birds










So I awoke last night, at two in the morning, to a little hand tapping on my arm. Sam had lost his tooth and amazingly in the midst of his sleep he had pushed his tongue against it and it feel out and he had the clarity of mind to wake up, find it and bring it to me. I suppose with the anticipation of a whole week in the life of Sam (or as our pastor calls it, "the chronicles of Sam") he was ready and attentive at any given point day or night to capture his tooth. He could hardly contain himself this morning with the desire to wake Leah up to show her his gap and tooth IN A BAG , not his mouth. Leah responded very well with a big grin and a pat on Sam's shoulder as she said, " Sam you are growing up, good job." It cracks me up how the two year gap between them places Leah in such a "grown up" role using patronizing tones to her "little" brother as though every new experience that he is going through is such old, ancient history to her and she just bears through it to accommodate his growth. I know that they love each other very much and are constantly thinking of the other when it comes to getting things or buying new stuff, but sometimes they are at each other throats and I know that a lot of it has to do with Leah's patronizing attitude to Sam and the fact that Sam can be as annoying as all get out at times. I hope that the endurance that I have to have during these years will pay off and they will as close as ever in the future.
So the pictures are of my attempt to get a pic of all three kids since they never let me. Emma loves giving kisses now. The pic of Emma crying is taken because on her shirt it says 99% angel and I wanted to capture the one percent of not angel to show her later that we are done with that today... it is angel baby from here on out. The kids put up their bird feeders and loved watching them this morning and of course Sam and his tooth.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What cuties!
Congratulations to Sam on his first tooth coming out.
They all look adorable in their pajamas huddled together.
What sweet pics of Emma giving kisses.
Brooklyn woke up last night with the stomach flu. Salmon and rice all over her crib. It was lovely indeed :)
Anonymous said…
Paranoid mom I am passing along some news :)
I was watching the news last night. They said that most of the plastic eggs out there contain lead paint on them.
Just wanted you to know because if Emma is anything like Brooklyn everything goes straight into the mouth.
just one more thing to keep an eye on :)
love you