WE ARE IN









First I would like to give a massive huge shout out of thanks to everyone who helped make this possible and helped move us in. You are all awesome. So we are in our new very own home.... ecstatic, exhausting and blissfully at home. Considering our drive way the move went really well with nothing major getting broken and no one getting hurt. This week I have been kicking butt getting us settled and clearing out the old house. Our new home is so much bigger than I had originally thought, the first night in I had a hard time falling asleep because the walls were so far away from me. The busy days have enabled me to not have any difficulty since then. Leah and Sam have settled in perfectly and are kept busy exploring outside, catching moths :(, and riding their bikes and skateboards on our culdesac which I have perfect view of from our living room window or the porch. Emma has had a little bit harder time adjusting and tends to wake up during the night with a screeching cry of uncertainty. And as happy as the rest of us are I think that Hawthorne is the happiest member of the family, living here. It is like a camping trip for him that is just not ending and to top it off he has a great neighbor dog that will daily run the fence line with him. Well I have to run and get Sam from school but to end this blog with a smile... I was going to shopping at Albertsons, when we pulled into the parking lot there was an ambulance parked in front of the store and the kids started talking amongst themselves in a sympathetic tone of how someone must have been starving to death and the ambulance had to rush them to the store to get some food so that they would not die. I could only imagine the image going through their heads of someone being wheeled through the store on a stretcher as the paramedics were tearing open bags of food feeding this poor individual who is starving to death. Thank God for paramedics and Albertsons.

Comments

mom said…
Oh Rachael, first Lacey made me laugh and now Leah and Sam and the ambulance story. That is really priceless. Can't wait to see your home all the way through. I am so proud of you both.
Love, Muna
Anonymous said…
It looks beautiful Rachel and so perfect for you all. Emma is so cute sitting there on the rocker.
Congratulations!!
can you email me your new address
thanks