Yet another Snow Day????

The weather outside is one of cold, frozen over snow and a blustery wind that contains more freeze in it than anything else. The kids once again do not have school today and I feel like I have been run over by a truck. My throat is sore and my sinus' are full not to mention my head feeling like it is filled with a bowling ball. I caved in and took sudafed which relieves me of my symptoms but in-turn transforms me into a zombie. Today my motherhood is gracefully handed over to the tv, which really, if monitored correctly makes a wonderful educational babysitter. It is almost the end of January and February should be an exciting month with our trip to Tahoe and than hopefully the purchase of our first home. I woke up at 2 in the morning last night terrified because I could not remember where my snow pants are. Tahoe in February is not exactly the place you want be without pants... anyway after searching in all the places I thought they might be I still have not found them. I have been getting rid of a lot of things in the garage and fear that my wonderful pants that keep me warm in 7 inches of snow are gone. So here is to me going pantless in Tahoe, or I will see what the thrift stores might have. Emma is down for her nap and the kids have taken over my bed watching tv under the comfort of my blankets, so I think that I will vacuum the living room since my delightful dog has entered the awful stage of puppy-hood and can not resist chewing up everything he sees. Leaving a trail of minute particles of books, puzzles, ottoman, plastic toys, and anything else that is left in his wake. I have kicked him outside numerous times but I have a vision of opening the front door and finding him frozen to the front porch with only his mouth moving in a continual and uncontrollable chewing motion. So all in all today I feel resigned to what ever today brings... maybe it is just the sudafed talking and once it wears off I will feel that bundling up the kids and facing the cold will be worth going to Grandma's house for a couple hours.

Comments

Anonymous said…
ahh sorry you feel so yuck. I hear you about school being closed. Icy roads here and school closed as well.
I say preschool at home with Word World where words come alive :)

Hope you find some snow pants.
Thats hilarious about your doggy.
love ya
mom said…
Sorry Rachael, Mother hood is very hard. But, not to discourage you, keep a copy of that blog and read it again when you have a housefull of angry teenagers. There is always light at the end of the tunnel. Just like the weather outside, it comes and goes.
Love, Muna