The morning after 2007

Lets just say that I want to be in bed with Ian, snoring to my hearts content. We did not get home till three in the morning and that is way to late for anyone with kids that get up by seven. So far this year I am not even going to nominate myself for the great-mother award. I just do not do well with no sleep. I am the 8-10 hour kinda girl ( Ian says I am a 8-20 kinda girl :) anything less the kids should be taken from me. All that said we had a great time last night (actually made it till the ball dropped). Ian went and hung out with the guys and all the girls partied down (somehow with kids), we played bingo and white elephant and had lots of fun. Tyler who is 15 ended up with all the inappropriate presents such as handcuffs, ky jelly, and a pregnancy test. we had a good laugh. Sometimes it is so nice just to have girl time although at midnight I was kissing Leah and not my hubby (I did not get my New Year kiss from him till 3:30 but it was good just the same.) Sam is really such a little man, he is currently on the pot with the door wide open singing to his heart content. Leah who is my little night owl stayed up the whole time I think that she finally crashed around 2 in the morning. I really do not want to be their mother today. Sam gets ADD crazy with lack of sleep and Leah gets emotional and snappy when she is tired (such a girl). Well Ian is up now so I am going back to bed for some blessed sleep. Welcome in 2008 ( I hope I get to sleep through the first day of it)

Comments

Anonymous said…
lol...Rachel you are too funny :)
glad you had fun.
Happy New Year!