Is it nap time yet?

I do not know what it is about overcast cold days but the kids do not seem to have enough down time and my energy level seems to disappear prior to my eyes opening in the morning and before my feet hit the ground. Today was yet another day of the same yet ever changing mundane activities. Ian is still not home yet and I am longing to hang out with him and laugh. Tonight on the phone when he said that I will not see him till 8:30 - nine that I should not worry my pretty little head, that Daddy is coming home soon. I feel like one of the kids and want their daddy. Lets see the funny little things the kids have done lately.... Leah said that we went to Jack in the Slap (Jack in the Box). The other night when we were ready to take Leah to her youth group Sam would not get in the car. Well after my meager attempts I threw up my hands and said Leah if you want to go then you deal with Sam. It was like hearing Ian and I threw her, in her calm and very controlled voice she said, "Sam, I need you to talk like a big boy and tell me why you do not want to get in the car?" When that did not work she moved on to saying still in her controlled and calm voice, " Sam I know you do not know why this is so important to me cause you do not get to go to youth group but when you are in kindergarten or first or second grade and can go to youth group then you will know how much fun it is and why I want to go." I know that it should not surprise me when my kids imitate their parents but it still cracks me up each and every time. Emma loved having her daddy home last night and actually tried to take a step to him without holding onto anything. I can not believe that she is almost one... time does fly, it is too bad that the kids and school have sapped all my mental capacity and that my memory of the last year seems to be covered in a fog. I suppose that is what pictures and a husband with a good memory are for. Well I am going to sign off and retreat to the state of zombies till Ian gets home.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How's everything coming on the house??
You'll post pictures of Emma's first birthday right :)
love you guys