I have not decided to blog but to blah

It is right in between Christmas and New Years, and after reading other peoples blogs I have decided to sit down and create my own. So here we go..... The kids are off of school and decided to help themselves to the powered sugar for their french toast while I was in the shower. Lets just say that there was a mini mountain of sugar over their last little bite of unsee able french toast, so now I am faced with sugar high children on a cold day that would make me feel like an evil mother if I threw them outside to run around the house a few dozen times. Very tempting though, the decisions of motherhood are always hard when the choices are sanity vs evilness. I suppose there is a middle ground I just have not had enough coffee yet to go there. Emma seems content for the moment to sit in her new high chair and throw her food down to the dog, who is her most adamant admirer while she eats. We are going to look at a house on Saturday, apparently we are house hunting now. Very exciting since I have yet to have a house to make our own. I am really over our rental. In the last month we have had the sewage backed up into our house twice, the pipes frozen so no water and terrible water pressure with limited hot water. Ian got a shower head that pressurizes the water but it sounds like a helicopter ride when you are under it and today the hot water lasted for five minuets, I felt like I was back in Israel again. The up side of this though was that I got a very clean shave since every hair on my body was in a rigid upright position. Christmas was wonderful, I think the best one yet. Everything went smoothly and it was so much fun spending time with family, games, and alcohol. Well the three vocalists have decided to set off in their chorus of screams, yells, and squeals so I better go ... unfortunately no where but to go deal with them.

Comments

Anonymous said…
lol...Rachel oh the life of a mother.:)
Thats stinks about the hot water. I think I would cry.
So happy you started a blog. You are such a great writer. I find my blog awfully theraputic. Hope you find the same. Hubby's only like to hear so much complaining :)
love ya